Tuesday, July 3

Catch Up

Wow it's been a long time since I last posted. Honestly, I don't know why I haven't made a few minutes here or there to keep you all informed. I apologize for that.

Here are some things that have happened over the past month and a half:

I got a long term sub job for the end of this school year
I bought two pocket bikes (baby motorcycles)
I got hired for next year
We have been spending a lot of time with our friends


I don't think that I mentioned the long term sub earlier, but I am done now. School got out June 21. It was a very helpful experience and I was able to inherit a bunch of 5th grade materials.

Through my usual browsing of Craigslist, I saw a posting of two pocket bikes for $50. It's my birthday this month, so I figured that I would spend some of that money early on this good deal. The bikes weren't working at the time I bought them, but I have put a little more money and TLC so that they can. I am getting close to having them both ready for some fun times. This will be something enjoyable we can fool around with in our free time.

The most exciting thing that has happened is that I got a job for next year. I am now a 5th grade teacher at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School in Colton Joint Unified School District. Yeah, a whole lot of words, but I'm not complaining. I started substituting at this school during the time that the teachers were going to strike (they never did because WE got the money they wanted). The principal is friends with our friend/mentor who did our pre-marriage counseling. A great thing is that the she and a handfull of other teachers at the school are believers. It seems like I am going to have a healthy support team that can guide me through my first year in my own classroom. I am a little nervous about the year, but I am way excited too! The school is year-round, so I have November, March, and July off. Many teachers have told me that they love the year round system. I hope that I do too.

To sum it up, God is continuing to bless Brittany and I. We are so grateful for everything that He has done. I don't know exactly why he chooses to do so many things for us, but I am going to do my best to live in a manner worthy of the Gospel so that others may know Him. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I will do my best to keep you all informed as things unfold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congradulations bro. That is great that you are a full time teacher. Need to lear some easy tricks to connect, let me know. I always used magic to get them to behave. I would tell them at the beginning of class that is they were good at the end I would show them some magic. It worked for me at different schools about 95% of the time. Im serious if you need some help with that let me know. Peace

Sarah said...

Hey Tim congrats I am so happy for you I know you will be a great teacher! I will see you guys soon