Tuesday, February 20

Intramural Basketball- It's balla time

This week marks the beginning of competitive basketball for the college students who are not on the team. I have always loved playing basketball. Sometimes I wonder if I would have played in high school if it wasn't the same season as soccer. Whatever the case, I always get excited when this time of the year comes around. This year is a little different because I am now a married, working man and I...sorta have a bed time..shhh. It's gonna be hard to play a game at 11:15 and then get up at 6 am so that I can go teach. But you know what, it'll be worth it. I love playing sports and this is just another opportunity for me to hang out with my friends and stay in shape.

Even though I am a competetive sports player, I would much rather have fun than win every game. Many times having fun and winning go hand in hand, but this season I want to concentrate on having a positive attitude no matter what. I want to be one of those players that everyone loves playing with and against. I want to be encouraging, uplifting and also a good competition. I hope that I will keep this attitude throughout every game. It will be tough when people talk trash or get too heated. I will need to be devoted to my goal and stand strong through each trial.

Playing basketball shouldn't be any different than the rest of my life in that I honor God through it. I pray that my actions and attitude would bring glory to Him. Please hold me accountable to that.

3 comments:

lizhoweth said...

Good entry, timmy. it's been such a blessing to see your guys' relationship progress from flirting to marriage. And I have to be honest....I misjudged/underestimated you back in the day when we were only 19. I couldn't pick a better husband for my best friend and I couldn't pick a better best friend for my husband. (not that I had anything to do with the picking...but you know what I mean) =)

T-Dub said...

Thanks lizzy, it's really good to hear that. I feel the same way about you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.