Tuesday, February 27

Over Seven Months of Marriage

As of last thursday, I have been married for seven months. They have been some of the greatest in my life. I have learned so much about marriage and through my marriage.

I have heard many say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. If that is true, then I have some amazing years ahead of me. I realize we haven't hit the year marker yet, but 7 months have flown by with barely a sign of conflict. I am not saying that marriage is a piece of cake, but if you work in the right areas it will be a joy instead of a hastle. I believe that Brittany and I were well prepared for marriage. We did not rush into it or make a committment that we were not ready for.

I am so grateful for all of the people that encouraged us and helped us in our development. We have been dating for over 3 years, and there have been many people with us throughout the whole time. Thank you for your support. There were also people who made it hard for our relationship to work. I thank you for preparing us for life.

The most important reason why our marriage is succeeding is because it is founded on God. he is ultimately why we can love each other and serve each other. Brittany is amazing, but without the grace of God, I could not overcome my selfishness in order to love her.

I am excited to live the rest of my life with Brittany. Who knows how much more we'll learn.

3 comments:

lizhoweth said...

Note: see basketball entry below for my comment on this =)
I am computer illiterate
-Liz

Sonia:) said...

i don't know who said that about the first year being the toughest...but they are wrong--and they probably weren't a christian. at least that wasn't our experience. we are on year 7 and our life together hasn't been tough...i think what does make life tough is how we respond to situations and other people whose lives we are involved in. but the way you respond depends on your relationship with God. SO, you are right...He is why we can love and serve our spouse. :)

A. Yepiz said...

Marriage is an awesome thing. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have my spouse to lean on. A true gift from God. I'm happy for you and look forward to the great updates every seven months, years, and decades.

God Bless.