Saturday, May 19

The Move

Since I have been done with school, Brittany and I have been looking for a new place to live. Our apartment on campus worked for a while, but we were ready to be out of CBU and have a place that truly felt like our own. We searched and searched, trying to find a good place for a good deal. Over time we began to see which places might work and which ones we wanted to avoid. As we approached our move out date (May 6), we began to narrow down the places we were interested in. We eventually decided on "The Terrace Apartments." I thought they were fairly new, but I guess they are actually 20-30 years old. They look really nice for being that old.

Our one bedroom apartment had been getting a little cramped, so we decided to go with a two bedroom. Our old place had 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, a small walk in closet, and a linen closet in the bathroom. All of this was 600 sq. feet. Our new place has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 large (for an apt) walk in closets, a linen closet in the hallway, a coat closet, some extra storage space above the coat closet, and a storage room on our balcony. The new apt. has 940 sq. feet. Now we can fit all of our things comfortably and organized.

After almost 3 weeks of living here, we are really liking it. I've had to kill a few spiders-and they are legit spiders, not those little guys or daddy longlegs. I wish that I would've taken pictures of these monsters. They look like miniature tarantulas. I found one playing on our blinds in the living room. It was hanging down about a foot and bouncing back and forth in between the blinds. Didn't seem to be doing anything except having a good time. But, Brittany's not a big spider fan so I had to show him who's boss around here. He didn't like that too much and tried to escape. He had his last few moments of freedom and was then pinched by the fingers of fury. lol

I have taken some pictures so that all of you in the blogging world can experience the joy of our new home. Brittany and I got some great deals on our new things, so don't think that we have tons of money.

We found these sweet couches on Craigslist. They are high quality and look practically brand new. We pretty much stole them from the guy.




We also bought a desk from Craigslist for our 2nd bedroom which is now called the office. In our old apt we used a folding table for the computer which was in our dining room. I would much rather have a desk in an office than a folding table in the dining room.


Another great thing about our apartment is the balcony. Our old apt had one, but it was kinda funky looking and all we could see was the main street and a giant tree. Both of which were within 20 yards of us. Now we have a much nicer balcony and view.




So here's a picture of our living room and then kitchen.




Now you know a bit of what what our place is like. Is it nice or do we just think so because its ours. You can be honest, my feelings won't be hurt. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your place looks really nice. I almost started coveting but then I remembered the 10th commandment. I am really happy and full of joy for you and your bride that things are coming together. May you open your home to people that need the love of God. Timmy you are a very cool sinner, cool solely by God's great grace upon your lives. Love you guys.

T-Dub said...

Lol. I've never been called a "very cool sinner" before. I'll have to remember that one. Thanks bro.

Anonymous said...

Tim,

I really like your apartment, too! I think you guys will have fun living there. You guys (Brittany?) also did a really good job decorating!

Amy

T-Dub said...

Shoot, you think that Brittany did the decorating? I am a pretty fashionable man. I can hold my own with decorating. But, we did the majority of the decorating together.

Anonymous said...

Hey your Father got to call the DA a sinner. He could have called her a Legal expert sinner. So I figured since I think your cool and don't have to try to be. I thought to myself, "Self" Timmy is a cool sinner. That's the genius behind How I came up with that. lol
Peace

lizhoweth said...

the couches look great!!!! i didn't picture them that nice! lookin good....the whole apt.
thanks for sharin the pics!

Anonymous said...

Tim & Brit
I enjoyed coming over and know that I will come again in a heart beat.