Wednesday, March 14

I Can See The Light

Over the past few months I have been substitute teaching while finishing up the nagging tasks for my credential. I have been done with all of the official school stuff since December, but there were 3 projects that I had to do. I also needed to become CPR and first aid certified.

Wel...I recently received the my PASSING results for these projects and as of tomorrow I will have my CPR/First Aid certification. I went into the education office today at CBU and made an appointment to file for my credential on Monday. This is supposed to take a week or two. So, I should be a fully credentialed teacher by the end of the month. In the past week I have already set up two interviews with a couple districts in the area. I plan to turn in a few other applications once my credential comes in.

These thoughts brings me so much joy. Throughout this credentialing process I have been very frustrated. It hasn't been the most pleasant experience and I had to deal with many things I wasn't expecting. However, I have grown through these tough times and I know that they have given me some extra preparation for what is to come.

God has been so good to me and blessed me beyond imagination. I love it when things are going great and my life is blessed, but I don't understand why? Why would God give me all of things? Why does He provide beyond my needs and give me things that I just want? I know that He has his reasons, but I ask- why me? I hope that I will be responsible with my blessings. I hope that I will use my gifts for His glory instead of my own. I hope that I will not forget my need for Christ because of all that he has given. Please pray that I will not use all these blessings on myself. Pray that I will use what God has given me to earn even more for his kingdom.

Has God blessed you too? I'm pretty sure he has. Tell me about it. I would love to see all of the different ways he cares for his children.

God, thank you for your blessings and provision. May we glorify you through that which you give.

4 comments:

steve w said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

You are my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased. :-)

How has God blessed me? He has blessed me with you ... your mom, and your brother, and your wonderful wife (the daughter I never had).

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Tim,

You have always been a blessing to me. I love that you are so down to earth and funny. I thank GOD for the blessing you are to me. God has blessed me with the family of God and my beautiful wife and to darling children that drive me crazy. just kidding :) its a joke. the last part about the kids.

Any way there are many blessing to count. Like I live in America where it doesn't matter how poor I am, there is always someone in the world that makes me look rich. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. Paul was blessed and encouraging even when he was behind a prison. He blessed the name of God and worshiped as he was beat by guards. Thanks for the post Timmy and thanks for being you.

Shalom

Anonymous said...

it was great meeting you and brittany at poker the other night. i was the clueless one at the end of the table with the undeserved pile of chips.

what a great question...

my most recent blessing has been God's leading me and my family to sandals church last October. He has rocked our world, stretched us and shown us ways to use our gifts to serve his body. God keeps introducing me to fellow believers who love Him deeply, wrestle with life and don't settle for "playing church".

just a few ways.

T-Dub said...

It's awesome to hear how much God blesses his children. Thanks for the encouragement!