Monday, March 5

So Others May Live

As I was saying in the previous post(feel free to read that one first) Brittany and I watched the movie Guardian. It is Kevin Costner and Ashton however you spell his last name. I believe that the movie was partially created as a result to Katrina, but it is about the US Coast Guard. After watching the movie I have a newfound respect for them. I know what the Coast Guard is, but I always thought they were more about enforcing laws than saving lives. If you haven't seen the movie, you definately need to rent it...better yet buy it. I am going to.

The Coast Guard's motto is "So Others May Live." It is a great motto and I can't help but relate it to Christianity. As Christians we are to spread the good news so others may live. I am supposed to live in a manner that is worthy of the gospel. If I am not proclaiming my faith and sharing Jesus with those around me, how am I being obedient? If I had something that others couldn't live without, why would I keep it to myself? Because I'm selfish? Am I ashamed? Do I really care about those around me?
I have a hard time figuring out why faith isn't being shared in every conversation. I'm not talking about banging people on the head with the bible, but I want people to know what I believe and why I believe it. Then they can decide what they want to do. However, what if I don't share Jesus with them and their other Christian friends do the same? Then they won't be able to make an educated decision about what to believe.

Let's challenge ourselves to have the same motto as the US Coast Guard. If we truly want others to spend eternity with us, then we need to be sharing our faith. Please pray that I will be bold and courageous in spreading the name of Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Post!!!

May I ask for your prayers as I am in Academy? Pray that I have the physical strenght and mental to endure all. Pray that by His Spirit, I overcome.

Thanks Timmy

T-Dub said...

I will definately be praying for you. Keep me informed on your progress. I know that you will do great!