Tuesday, March 20

Playoffs Around the Corner

Somehow my intramural basketball team managed to go undefeated this season. We only played seven games, but we won all of them. This means that we'll get a good seed going into playoffs. There were 18 teams overall and playoffs cuts it down to eight. There is only one other team that is undefeated. I think they played eight games, so they'll probably take the first seed. Therefore we'll probably play the seventh place team. The season games weren't too difficult, but the playoff games sure will be. Just about every team in playoffs has a decent team. Some look better than others, but any team could upset another any given night. I'm excited to see how the games go. I would love to win the championship, but that's not why I play.

I hope that my athletic abilities and competition bring glory to God. I think that I've had a good attitude so far, but playoffs tend to bring out the worst in people. I pray that I'll be able to stay positive and uplifting through those times. Even though it's just a game, I want to reflect Christ in it. I have been called to do everything for the Lord (Col 3:17) and I will do my best at it. If I act or speak in any way unworthy of the gospel, please call me out and correct me. That is what a true brother (or sister) should do. Lord willing you won't need to though.

2 comments:

J-Lou said...

i think you are able to lead your team because of that great coach you had from the city league team. lol.

Klassic Katz said...

Have fun and bring it home like the Trojans have been doing at the Big Dance!